Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dethtroll Design



Here's the rough design I did for the Dethtroll. He's in episode 4 of the first season of Metalocalypse. James Hetfield of Metallica did the voice (which was pretty much just screaming into the mic.) As you can see, he's approximately "8 Nathan Explosions tall." In the actual episode he ranged from this height to probably about 20 Nathans tall. Whatever worked for the scene. The design was supposed to invoke 80's metal album cover art. I used to draw this kind of shit on all my high school notebooks. I was the guy who would paint demons on the stoners' jean jackets.

We're working on the special features for the Metalocalypse dvd right now and writing for the second season has begun (another 20 episodes.) Brendon's working hard finishing up the album and it looks like we're going to do a full length music video for one of the songs. We haven't figured out which one yet. I have to say they all sound bad ass. The extended Mermaider gets my vote for now. So look for a bunch more Dethklok stuff this year. Rock on!

7 comments:

Mike said...

Awesome, I wish I knew someone to draw that kind of shit on my jean jackets back than. lol

Also, rock on about a full Dethklok album and Metalocalypse DVD. Me and all my friends will be all over 'em.

ArchElixir said...

This is great the artist who did the show I loved 10 years ago now currently doing the show I love now.

Clinton said...

Hey Chris, I found your blog through animationmeat. Great stuff, man.

__ Clint __ said...

BruTAL!

Ajay Karat said...

double brutal!

Unkownkilla said...

I love this show so much. I wish Chris p would make like a comic of flash cartoon and continue the show. I mean I know a lot of the crew is still around (I have fruity on facebook if I am correct).

By the way has any one gotten a full list of the soundtrack? I know some of these songs are from people who where popular in the late 90's and early 00's but have been long forgotten.

rok buda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.